Two Bin System
Kennewick now has a simple two bin recycling system: one bin is for glass and one bin is for mixed recyclables. See details below. Previously, multiple bins were required for what is now combined into one mixed recyclables bin. Customers can obtain new stickers for older bins at:
Kennewick City Hall
210 W 6th Avenue
Kennewick, WA 99336
Customers can also call 877-466-4668 or visit the Waste Management website to order new or additional bins.
Who Can Recycle?
Everybody! Residents living inside Kennewick's city limits can recycle at the curb. Everybody can recycle by taking them to conveniently located containers scattered throughout the City or to businesses like Clayton Ward or Pacific Recycling.
Clean glass bottles and jars - empty and rinse containers and remove lids. Please do not break your glass. Labels do not have to be removed. PLEASE no light bulbs, Pyrex, ceramics, mirrors, plates, drinking glasses or window glass.
Mixed Recycling Bin
Paper, mail, envelopes, magazines, catalogs, phone books, paper boxes (cereal boxes, etc.), gift wrap, newspapers (everything in the daily newspaper is recyclable.) Paper food containers - empty and clean paper cups, cartons, frozen food boxes. Plastic bottles and containers - plastic cups, bottles, jugs and dairy tubs (clean, empty, and flatten - no caps or lids). Metal cans and containers - empty and clean aluminum, steel and tin cans and containers (no lids, aerosol cans okay if empty).
Place Next to Bins
Cardboard - flatten, bundle and place next to recycling bins, no larger than 3 feet by 3 feet. Motor oil - place used motor oil in plastic one-gallon containers that have screw on caps. Motor Oil - place used motor oil in plastic one-gallon containers that have screw-on caps.
There is no limit on the amount of clean recyclables you can set out for curbside collection. Put recyclables that don't fit in your bins in a bag or cardboard boxes (size limit 3 feet by 3 feet by 3 feet) placed close to the bins.
Recycling and preventing waste can sometimes reduce garbage enough for residents to order a smaller garbage container for a lower rate.
Important - Empty clean recyclables out of bags and boxes and put them loose in your bins so that they can be easily identified and sorted at the recycling center.
Do Not Place These Items In Recycling
- Foam cups, foam containers or packing material
- Food or food-covered recyclables
- Plastic bags (Reuse or recycle at grocery stores.)
- Plastic trays, plates, utensils
- Scrap metal or propane tanks of any size
- Shredded paper. Paper mills don't want shredded paper and shredded paper is difficult to sort from other recyclables.
- Toxic containers (auto products, pesticides, etc.)
- Window glass, ceramics, mirrors, fluorescent bulbs or tubes
Where to Recycle?
Drop Box Locations
- 7th and Washington Street
- Bermuda Fire Station, 7704 S Bermuda Road
- Chevron, Corner of Keene and Queensgate
2721 W Kennewick Avenue and Highway 395
Kennewick, WA 99336
- Clayton Ward Recycling, 119 E Albany
- HVAC Recovery: A/C-Refrigerators-Freezers
- Pacific Recycling, 315 S Gum Street
- Waste Management Transfer Station, 2627 S Ely Street