- 6:00 p.m.
- 2nd Wednesday of every month
- Kennewick City Hall
210 W 6th Avenue
Kennewick, WA 99336
Agendas and MinutesAgendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes.
- Jason Watson, Chair (term expires 2021)
- Melanie Blatman (term expires 2022)
- Deanna Boyle (term expires 2022)
- Vacant (term expires 2023)
- Doug Gast (term expires 2022)
- McKenzie Kennedy (term expires 2023)
- Jill Madison (term expires 2021)
The Arts Commission serves to enhance and enrich Kennewick's quality of life for residents and visitors by fostering an artistic environment that promotes a sense of community, creates public venues that instill a unique identity, and supports opportunities to have fun.
- Make recommendations to the City Council in matters pertaining to the acceptance, procurement, and placement of public art.
- Promote and encourage public programs to further the development and public awareness of public art.
- Seek and encourage financial support, including grants, donations, fundraising, activities, loans, and guarantees for public art.
- Set priorities for any available funding by conducting a public art inventory and assessment of pre-existing city-owned public artworks, and by developing a public art master plan.
- Consider potential sites, review site proposals, and recommends to the City Council for approval appropriate site selections for the placement and display of artwork for the City's public art program.
- Establish an effective liaison between the City and local and regional art groups.
The Arts Commission has been tasked with helping find appropriate public art for new roundabouts, to comply with the Public Art Plan.
The City of Kennewick does not expend additional funding for roundabout art. Rather, funding is a reallocation of money that would be normally spent for items such as basalt columns, grass, plants and other landscaping in the roundabout. The purpose of the placement of art is to reduce maintenance costs while providing an appealing amenity for residents and visitors.
Click here to view Kennewick Art Map
Questions or inquiries directed at the Arts Commission can be sent to our commission via email.