Parks & Recreation Commission
- 6:00 p.m.
- 4th Thursday monthly (as posted in the Agenda Center), except May, September, November and December 2020 (unless timely matters require action).
- Kennewick City Hall Council Chambers
210 W 6th Ave
Kennewick, WA 99336
Agendas and Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes. Meetings will be held virtually using Zoom effective October 2020. The link will be posted the week of the upcoming meeting.
- Ken Hahn, Chairman (term expires 3/31/2023)
- Dean Aeling (term expires 3/31/2021)
- Jack Anderson (term expires 3/31/2024)
- Ty Fischer (term expires 3/31/21)
- Robb Heston (term expires 3/31/2023)
- Linda Stroben, Vice Chair (term expires 3/31/2022)
- Vacant - (term expires 3/31/2024)
- Jim Millbauer, City Council Liaison
The Parks and Recreation Commission is a seven-member body that works with the City of Kennewick's Parks and Recreation Department to provide citizen input into the City's recreational and parkland needs.
The Parks and Recreation Department is charged with the responsibility of maintaining and developing the 646 acres of City owned parkland, managing recreation facilities such as the Southridge Sports & Events Complex and swimming pool, and administering recreational programs. In addition to coordinating adult and youth activities, the department also partners with several local organizations to increase the quality of life for City of Kennewick citizens through programs and events.
Commission responsibilities include:
- Advising and making recommendations to the City Council for the management, control, improvements and beautification of all City parkland.
- Periodically review whether the land that is being used for park purposes is adequate and recommending to the City Council when necessary, what additional land and grounds should be required for park purposes.
- Study and appraise recreational needs for the City, and make quarterly reports to the City Council as to the effectiveness of the recreation program and make suggestions for the improvement thereof.
- Make recommendations to the City Council for the establishment of needed recreational programs and facilities.